wsmd home
public notices
dec home > wsmd home > permits >lake encroachment
Lake Encroachment Permitting


Lake Encroachment Permits (LEP) are issued under 29 V.S.A. Chapter 11 (Management of Lakes and Ponds), which regulates encroachment in public waters.

The goals of this program are to minimize the encroachment on public waters as well as ensure that projects do not adversely affect the public good and

are consistent with the Public Trust Doctrine.


What Projects Require a Lake Encroachment Permit?



What Projects Require a Lake Encroachment Permit?

Application Resources



Application Resources

Regional Map & Contacts



Regional Map & Contacts

Updated: February 12, 2015

VT DEC Watershed Management Division 1 National Life Drive, Main 2  Montpelier, VT  05620-3522  Tele: 802-828-1535   Fax: 802-828-1544


State of Vermont Agencies & Depts.     Access Government 24/7     About Vermont.Gov     Privacy Policy

A Vermont Government Website Copyright 2003 State of Vermont - All rights reserved